Support to the Enterprise Education team as they work across all areas of Jackson Family Wines’ business (Marketing, Sales, Production, Sales Education & Creative). This position requires unique wine and wine business knowledge qualifications as well as strong organizational and administrative skills and the ability to manage cross-functional projects.
Education Programs, Seminars and Materials
Assist/support the team in the development of the education strategy across the Jackson Family Wines properties to include the following:
- Winemaker Tours: Plan and execute tastings, seminars and educational programs for Jackson Family Wines, including the JFFW, Nat’l Accounts, Regal and Crown sales teams as well as trade, media and consumers. Includes logistical planning and support for national winemaker tours.
- On-Line Education Platform: Assist with communication throughout the process and with all stakeholders in order to move process forward.
- Materials Development: Assist the Vice President of Wine Education in working with all departments in the creation of content and materials by managing the production with Creative Services, requestors and all vendors involved.
- Winegrowing Summit & Special Projects: Assist with select special projects for the Winegrowing team, including tasting for the annual Summit.
- JFW Company Wide Tastings: Assist in the management of company-wide JFW portfolio tastings.
- Tastings: Support comparative tasting program; research, order and track wines, setup and break down tastings.
- Enomatic Curation: Manage selections for monthly wine dispenser program.
- Full Department Creative & Strategic Development Duties:
- Schedule and manage team meetings (logistics, spaces, tastings, content, etc.)
- Manage the budget and tracking process for the entire team
- Process invoices for the Creative & Strategic division to assure timely payment to vendors
- Work with Creative Services and vendors to make sure all invoices are attached to their respective projects and sent to requestors for payment
- Manage department operations and procedures and monitors to enhance timely and efficient workflow, including but not limited to: staffing, accounting, budgeting, information systems, filing systems and supplies.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Working knowledge of wines of the world, basic winemaking and viticulture.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High credibility, accountability and execution capabilities that translate strategy into marketplace activation—includes budget development/management and metrics.
- Computer skills, including the use of common business computer programs such as MS Office and related applications.
- Must have ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work well with minimal supervision and direction.
- Ability to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, and to travel and attend meetings at various sites; strength to lift and carry cases of wine or materials weighing up to 40 pounds. Some National travel may be required.