Jackson Family Wines is much more than a family owned wine company. We're risk-taking innovators with a strong belief that quality is paramount. We're always on the lookout for top talent -- individuals who possess a strong work ethic, commitment to quality and share our beliefs in healthy lands and a healthy community. In 2017, we were selected as one of the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work for the third year running.
Under general supervision, the Receptionist is responsible for the professional management of the front desk and all mailroom services, to include management of switchboard, greeting and announcing all visitors, timely management of all incoming and outgoing mail, courier routes, FedEx & UPS shipments and performing various administrative tasks in a timely manner.
As the initial contact with JFW’s customers, distributors and vendors, the Receptionist becomes the “face” of the company and therefore must maintain a constant presence at the front desk during regular business hours to ensure continuity with our guests.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Opens the front desk and mailroom Monday – Friday at 8:00 AM, including turning on the switchboard, Pitney-Bowes mail machine, turning on lobby and mailroom lights and unlocking the double glass doors leading out of the lobby. Closes the front desk and mailroom Monday – Friday at 5:00 PM by shutting down the switchboard, Pitney-Bowes Machine, turning off the lobby and mailroom lights and closing and securing the double glass doors. When closing down the office at 5:00 PM, the receptionist must wait until the outside lobby door automatically locks before leaving.
- Manages switchboard and incoming calls
- Greets guests, vendors and ‘drop-ins’ and notifies appropriate parties
- Receives and notifies employees of all deliveries
- Handles inquiries, requests and/or complaints and redirects as needed
- Manages Mailroom Services:
- Processes all outgoing U.S. postal mail, billing appropriately to various GL codes
- Sorts all incoming mail, processing for delivery to other facilities
- Manages interoffice courier service for Napa & Sonoma County: adding or deleting courier stops as required and preparing all items for pick up
- Monitors FedEx and UPS mail and package pick up/deliveries
- Assists employees with mailroom functions and procedures
- Orders mailroom supplies for all mailrooms
- Provides and maintains accurate and updated extension lists for all corporate campus locations
- Manages employee and sample wine deliveries: check in wine, reconcile with delivery documents and notify recipient when wine has been delivered
- Tracks inventory levels of cleaning supplies in the admin supply closet and notifies manager when supplies are low
- Creates employee nameplates and mailboxes
- Manages Shipping Database for FedEx users
- Assists with conference room scheduling as needed
- Develops relationships with service vendors and relays service messages from them to the rest of the Admin Services team
- Reviews Security Daily Activity Report, reports issues to manager & VP Governance
- Assists with department related projects and community service projects including The Giving Tree, the Redwood Empire Food Bank Season of Giving, the corporate Halloween Party and other projects as assigned
- Reconcile stamp box and associated petty cash funds
- Assists other departments with projects as directed by manager
- Other clerical and administrative support as assigned