The primary responsibility of the Direct Sales Associate is to sell our limited production, DTC exclusive wines to our broad member base over the phone, driving the growth of the direct sales business for Matanzas Creek Winery. This individual will act as a wine concierge for our customers, providing exceptional customer service, ensuring accurate order processing and timely resolution of customer issues.
- Contact individuals by telephone to solicit sales of wine, related products, and events.
- Deliver prepared sales talks, occasionally reading from scripts that describe products to persuade potential customers to purchase wine and related products, while providing a high level of customer service.
- Adjust sales scripts as needed to better target the needs and interests of specific individuals.
- Manage and maintain customer database including critical contact information, including but not limited to secure credit card data, club membership status, customer insights, buying preferences, buying history, and comments and transaction history.
- Respond to consumer requests, complaints and identify areas of improvement.
- Ensure legal compliance with inter-state shipping regulations and restrictions for all direct sales orders.
- Adhere to DTC policies and procedures.
- Education: College credential preferred
- A minimum of three years of experience in sales.
- A minimum of two years of experience in a customer service role.
- Demonstrated and proven success managing consumer database, email and mailing lists.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Worldly wine knowledge and knowledge of the local area are a plus.
- Required Skills:
- Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Persuasion: Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Service Orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Social Perceptiveness: Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Required Abilities:
- Oral Expression: The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Oral Comprehension: The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Selective Attention: The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
- Written Comprehension: The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Computer Skills: Excel and Word required. Database management experience preferred.