Jackson Family Wines is much more than a family owned wine company. We're risk-taking innovators with a strong belief that quality is paramount. We're always on the lookout for top talent -- individuals who possess a strong work ethic, commitment to quality and share our beliefs in healthy lands and a healthy community. In 2017, we were selected as one of the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work for the third year running.
- Preparation and entry of monthly journal entries in JD Edwards –create automated journal entries where applicable.
- Automate and post all Inventory Close journal entries as directed.
- Assist other personnel in posting of monthly journal entries as needed.
- Liaise with Inventory personnel on an ongoing basis to ensure that all pertinent information relating to Vineyards, Wineries and bottling facilities is communicated to finance team.
- Review of periodic farming and manufacturing costs for reasonableness including cost by ton, acre, gallon, case, variety, brand etc. Special emphasis in ensuring that accrued expenses are properly and timely recognized in the books.
- Review of monthly balance sheet accounts for valuation reasonableness, completeness and timeliness.
- Review of bottling and packaging activity each month ensuring appropriate cut-off of work and cellar orders.
- Liaise with vineyard/production directors & managers FP&A, Bulk Inventory Management System team and Bulk Wine personnel to ensure that all pertinent information relating to acres/blends/committed grape purchases is communicated to finance team. This will include knowledge of blends by block, estimated tons, brand awareness, grape purchase contracts, and all other factors that may influence grape costing.
- Project management lead over the Harvest year end close process.
- Full understanding of status of all producing and developing vineyards.
- Review month-end close results in accordance with GAAP.
- Perform year-over-year fluctuation analysis.
- Prepare / review monthly roll forward schedules; perform tie-outs of subsidiary ledger to general ledger.
- Liaise with Fixed asset accountants on vineyard development tie-outs.
- Coordinate year end physical counts and any resulting true ups to financials.
- Prepare monthly report to CFO and senior finance management detailing activity to date, factors that may impact plan/budget and all other factors deemed pertinent.
- Prepare financial reports required by external auditors and internal tax team.
Administration – Reporting and Management:
- Assist preparing documentations as necessary for audit.
- Other miscellaneous duties as will be requested by the Accounting Group
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education
- 2- 5+ years of professional accounting experience, preferably in a public accounting or manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or the equivalent in education/experience
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Advanced in MS Office, and in Excel, a must. JD Edwards experience preferred
- Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence
- Familiarity in operating accounting systems, ERP or not.
- Knowledge of methods of cost allocations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.