Under the general direction of the Senior DTC Manager, this position has broad responsibility for a variety of administrative functions in support of the tasting room and estate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Office Management: Manages department operations and procedures and monitors to enhance timely and efficient workflow, including but not limited to: staffing, accounting, payroll, information systems, filing systems and supplies.
Inventory: Works with team to ensure inventory compliance; maintains accurate records; processes case goods and packaging inventory transfers, receipts, and removals; responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual inventory counts and reconciliation.
Shipping: Oversee and manage shipments of wine moving from Freemark facility as well as coordinated with DTC Marketing Manager on open orders and customer service related to shipments.
Payroll Processing: Supports payroll processing in the areas of file maintenance and upkeep, adhering to CA state employment wage and hour laws; enters employee time off requests and missed punch forms for bi-weekly payroll through Kronos system; reviews and audits timesheets; monitors time clock and provides local troubleshooting as needed; responds to employee inquiries related to timecard issues; receives, audits and distributes bi-weekly paychecks.
Accounting: Works with managers on accounting process, ensuring compliance with company guidelines and procedures; accurate and timely processing of purchase orders and invoices; maintains vendor accounts for related invoices through statement research and discrepancy resolution.
Human Resources: Assists employees with day-to-day questions and directs employee inquiries to appropriate in-house resource; assist with recruiting, interviewing and selection; process new hire paperwork and terminations; provides orientation to new hires, has full-responsibility for processing and ensuring compliance of I-9’s with government regulations; general maintenance of supervisory employee files; works with HR Direct to ensure compliance with company guidelines and procedures; demonstrates a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
Worker’s Compensation: Works with local management team, provides prompt response to work related injuries and ensures compliance with all company and regulatory guidelines including: preparing and filing all necessary insurance, HR, and OSHA related paperwork, acting as a liaison with local occupational clinic, communicating with injured worker, and providing follow-up to the manager, HR department and insurance carrier.
Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must be proficient with intermediate to advanced computer skills in the following: MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Experience with JD Edwards a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees; ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Must be able to drive routinely, and be able to provide a valid Driver’s License and insurance.
- Wine industry experience preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Regularly lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Reach with hands and arms, sit, walk, twist, bend and kneel.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) or equivalent preferred, two to four years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.