The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for managing a team of warehouse workers whose duties include order picking, restocking, loading and unloading of all cased goods for delivery to our customers through the safe operation of electric forklifts and their designated attachments. The warehouse supervisor is responsible for ensuring that these duties are performed correctly, accurately and timely in compliance with service level commitments made to the customer.
Responsibilities also include meeting or exceeding company established safety, service standards and productivity. The supervisor will prepare, submit and review operations and service reports needed for the effective management of the operation.
Management Responsibilities include hiring and training, planning and assigning daily work, addressing performance issues, and resolving problems. Responsible for making decisions that impact work production, facilities management and obtaining contingency staff during peak periods and/or unplanned absences.
- Develops and manages various reports needed for production and service analysis
- Continuously improve warehouse operations to increase efficiencies.
- Ensures a seamless flow of movement of product between warehouse and drivers, ensuring product and paperwork are on assigned routes.
- Reviews daily plans, priorities, and assignments, and effectively communicate and assign duties to the warehouse team
- Ensures the team’s accurate picking, labeling and invoicing of all outgoing product by implementing controls and training to avoid mispicks, misloads and damages
- Track and monitor progress of team and individual efforts against established work goals
Equipment / Warehouse Operations
- Ensures safe and proficient operation of various forklifts and attachments.
- Daily use of Highjump Warehouse Management System using barcode scanners/readers to process all product movements and transactions and to check orders/receipts/inventory
- Direct Warehouse team in accomplishing following responsibilities:
- Stage and stack all products square and straight according to the requirements provided by each specific account and by the Vinlux procedures.
- Accurately pull appropriate product from assigned locations.
Business degree preferred with equivalent recent work experience
- At least 2 years of recent relevant supervisory experience in a complex warehouse environment
- Distribution/logistics experience including inventory control and cycle counts.
- Wine inventory management a plus
- Ability to read, analyze and understand general business and operational procedures and requirements
- Ability to write reports, professional internal correspondence, and SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures).
- Good communication skills, and must be able to communicate fluently in English.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Attention to detail a must
- Strong supervisory, administrative and customer service skills
- Demonstrated leadership qualities; lead by example and set a positive tone and work ethic with staff
- Intermediate level for both MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to create and edit documents in both applications
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems and barcoding applications