General Description of Duties:
Under the general direction of the Vineyard Manager, supervises and coordinates all vineyard activities of all vineyard workers. This role requires strong mechanical skills.
- Manages subordinate personnel including Foreman, Tractor Drivers, and Irrigators.
- Responsible for the overall directions, coordination and evaluation of these units.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; regarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends and Overtime (hourly only)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Explains and demonstrates field work techniques and safety regulations to workers.
- Monitors and assigns duties such as planting, pruning, canopy management, trellis and irrigation installation, cultural practices and harvesting and overseas all work activities.
- Enforces safety regulations, policies and procedures to workers.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of work.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Must also work closely with the supervisors of all outside labor contract companies.
- Interviews candidates for potential positions.
- Provides performance feedback on employees to manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
Vineyard Foreman, Irrigators, Tractor Drivers
Experience and Training:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a highly competent manner and have 2-3 years prior supervisory experience.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Ability to do basic math. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations. Must also manage in a positive manner in order to instruct, influence, and/or motivate personnel. Proficiency in Spanish and English desirable. Must have good communication skills and the ability to comprehend English in limited amounts. Computer skills or ability to quickly acquire proficiency via classes and training. Must have a valid California Driver’s License.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is exposed to wet and or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, farming chemicals and fertilizers. The employee will be exposed to seasonal weather conditions (summer heat, cold weather, rain).
This job description is not limited to the duties described and may be subject to change as needed.