- Work with Vineyard Management Team to develop the farm plan and forecast needs.
- Work with Supervisors and Foremen to manage the day to day farming activities.
- Plan the efficient use of equipment and personnel, both company employees and Farm Labor Contractor employees.
- Manage pest control activities, internal field scouting program, work orders, and use reports.
- Order, inventory and distribute all chemicals and fertilizers.
- Oversee quality and precision of chemical and fertilizer applications.
- Collect data to assemble and update the crop estimation.
- Manage the collection and dissemination of all soil, water, and tissue data.
- Manage the input and upkeep of the various computer record keeping aspects of the vineyard operation.
- Maintain the proper records for sustainable and organic certifications.
- Assist in any special projects as assigned by the Director of Vineyard Operations.
Employment Conditions and Requirements:
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals and must be able to use proper Personal Protective Equipment. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat. A valid California Driver’s License is required.
Background and Experience:
Degree in Viticulture or related field is required. Strong communication and computer skills are essential. A PCA license and proficiency in Spanish are highly desirable. This position requires excellent planning and organizational skills as well as the ability to work as a team player.