Tasting Room Lead Associate - Cambria
Under the general direction of and the direct supervision of the Tasting Room Manager the Tasting Room Lead Associate is responsible for efficiently and effectively promoting the sale of wine and ensuring an exceptional brand experience for consumers through the highest level of product knowledge, hospitality and customer service. All efforts are focused on attaining monthly sales goals while providing gracious hospitality to consumers and trade.
This position is located at Cambria Winery in Santa Maria, CA.
- Greets visitors to the Tasting Room and pour wines for tasting.
- Ensures that every visitor enjoys their wine tasting experience and leaves with a very high impression of our wines.
- Accurately describes wines, winemaking techniques, appellations, unique aspects of wine, and winery history.
- Presents an in-depth knowledge of the wines, the vineyards, the brand and the winery. Becomes a knowledge resource for Tasting Room Associates.
- Develops and maintains strategic relationships with our discerning clientele.
- Creates and projects the highest standards of hospitality and positive customer relations.
- Takes the initiative for ongoing self-development in the areas of our wines, our brands, general hospitality and acquiring effective sales techniques and acumen.
- Participates in company-sponsored wine education and developmental opportunities.
- Effectively resolves customer conflict directly, or by knowing how and when to refer customers to the Estate Manager or higher level TR management.
- Accurately handles routine purchasing transactions, which include operating cash register and accounting of daily sales; processes returns, discounts, etc.
- Opens and closes business day, acting as a Tasting Room Supervisor when needed.
- Provides general tourist information and, in some cases, more concierge type service, calling restaurants for reservations, assisting with appointments at other enterprise wineries, etc.
- Conducts tours as needed.
- Assists with special winery hospitality events as required.
- Washes and polishes glassware for Tasting Room.
- Represents winery at outside functions as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Shows commitment to excellence and high standards in work product.
- Possess solid knowledge of wines and winemaking processes that differentiate our winery.
- Consistently demonstrates outstanding customer service skills and poise and tact in working with the public.
- Shows proven ability to effectively and appropriately communicate with diverse client group.
- Possesses professional appearance and demeanor.
- Is flexible, can manage constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Fluent in English
- Demonstrates ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
- Strong computer proficiency and data entry experience, basic to intermediate knowledge of Word and Excel preferred.
- Two plus years related experience; luxury brand experience desired.
- Has high school diploma or GED; two to four years college experience preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to work weekends and flexible schedules.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds repeatedly.
- Must be able to effectively stock wine and non-wine merchandise, set-up and break down structures, tables, etc., and be able to utilize dolly cart and other equipment to assist in moving heavy objects.