Under the direction of the Tasting Room Supervisor, the Tasting Room Associate at Hartford is responsible for assisting in conducting and facilitating the day-to-day operations of the Tasting Room. All efforts are to be focused on attaining monthly sales goals, while providing gracious hospitality to consumers and trade to the Tasting Room.
- Helps to ensure that each and every visitor enjoys their experience to the Tasting Room and leaves with a very high impression of the Estate and our wines.
- Greets all visitors to the Tasting Room, pours wines for tasting, answers visitors’ questions, and provides general tourist information.
- Effectively suggests and sells wine and Wine Club Memberships to customers.
- Describes wines, winemaking techniques, and winery history to customers.
- Handles routine purchasing transactions, including operating cash register, accounting of daily sales, and processing returns and discounts.
- Working with Shipping Dept., facilitates shipping of wine to customers. Remain updated with current and new legal issues pertaining to inter-state shipping of wine to consumers.
- Participates and assists with Special Events that occur at the winery.
- Washes and polishes glassware for Tasting Room.
- Assists with display and pricing of retail items and wines as needed.
- Represents winery at outside functions as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to lift and move 50 pounds repetitively.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to effectively stock wine, set up and break down structures, tables, etc. and be able to utilize dolly cart and assist in moving heavy objects.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Outstanding ability in customer service and working with the public.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Knowledge of wines and wine production.
- Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
- One to two years related experience.
- High school education.