• Greet all visitors to the Tasting Room, pour wines for tasting, discuss wine and respond to customer questions as appropriate.
• Ensures that every visitor thoroughly enjoys their wine tasting experience and leaves with a very high impression of our wines.
• Is excited about wine, can accurately describes wines, winemaking techniques, winery history, appellations, and unique aspects of wines.
• Effectively promotes and sells wine and Wine Club memberships to customers.
• Handle purchasing transactions, including operating cash register, accounting of daily sales, and processing returns and discounts.
• Take the initiative for self-development in the areas of our wines, our brands, general hospitality, and for acquiring effective sales techniques and acumen.
• Participation in company-sponsored wine educational and development opportunities.
• Maintain knowledge of current and new legal issues pertaining to inter-state shipping of wine to consumers and how they impact day-to-day wine shipments.
• Participate and assists with special hospitality events that occur at the winery.
• Washes and polishes glassware for Tasting Room.
• Assists with display and pricing of retail items and wines as needed.
• Represents winery at outside functions as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education:
• Shows commitment to excellence and high standards in work product.
• Possesses or can develop solid knowledge of wines and winemaking processes.
• Consistently demonstrates outstanding customer service skills and poise and tact in working with the public.
• Proven ability to effectively and appropriately communicate with diverse client group.
• Possesses professional appearance and demeanor.
• Is flexible, can manage constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Fluent in English
• Demonstrates ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
• Strong computer proficiency and data entry experience, basic to intermediate knowledge of Word and Excel preferred.
• Possesses one to two years prior related experience.
• Has high school diploma or GED; two to four year college degree preferred.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Must be able to work weekends and flexible schedules.
• Ability to lift and move 50 pounds repeatedly.
• Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
• Ability to effectively stock wine, set-up and break down procedures, equipment, etc., and be able to utilize dolly cart and assist in moving heavy objects.
• Ability to understand and accurately follow written and verbal instructions