The Supply Data Analyst is a key member the Supply Reporting & Analytics team at Jackson Family Wines. The role is responsible for analyzing supply data and developing reports to deliver key insights across our supply business. The role extracts data from multiple systems and provides analysis related to areas such as: wine & grape supply, winery capacity, vineyard production, inventory, and cost analysis.
Job Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Work closely with the Supply Reporting Manager to develop and maintain key supply planning reports.
- Provide quick turnaround data analysis to generate insights to help guide Senior Management decision-makers.
- Master the structure of all production systems data and the metrics that drive the business.
- Partner with Data Warehouse team to develop dynamic next-generation Business Intelligence reports.
- Perform ad hoc analyses and data extraction requests in coordination with the Supply Reporting Manager.
- Participate in data gathering and updates as well as template standardization as part of the monthly Sales & Operations Planning Process.
- Provide project and technical support to the Supply Planning and S&OP teams.
- Maintain the creation and deletion of MIP codes, which coordinate information relay through all enterprise reporting systems.
- Maintain all records within the MIP Report with an eye to the accuracy.
- Build a strong, collaborative relationship with the IT team.
- Ensure the data loads into BIMs from JDE and Adaptive Planning are correct. Data mining, troubleshooting, resolution when reports fail logic check.
- Actively build processes and tools to make data more accessible and teach others how to use data effectively.
- Maintain detailed data dictionary definitions for data assets and participate as a data steward in coordination to recommend standards, policies and procedures for the structure and attributes of data collected.
- Create detailed documentation (Design specification, Data mapping, Data flow and sequence diagrams) and verify data mapping as needed to support the Data Warehouse.
- Regularly interact, communicate and meet with internal customers to observe business practices and gain operational knowledge to assist in developing, testing and implementing insights and tools.
- Troubleshoot internal customer issues, support requests and drive to a solution.
Education and Experience:
- BS in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, or similar fields.
- Wine industry experience not mandatory.
- A passion for learning and a willingness to pick up whatever you need to get the job done.
- 2-5 years’ experience in a data analyst role.
- Solid MySQL/SQL experience or other related databases.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Experience with data visualizations software such as PowerBI, QlikView and Tableau.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to draw conclusions based on data
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while juggling multiple projects.
- Good interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and passionate.
- Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve results and deadlines.