Jackson Family Wines is much more than a family owned wine company. We're risk-taking innovators with a strong belief that quality is paramount. We're always on the lookout for top talent -- individuals who possess a strong work ethic, commitment to quality and share our beliefs in healthy lands and a healthy community. In 2018, we were selected as one of the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work for the fourth year running.
We are looking for a Staff Accountant to support financial reporting, month-end close activities, and account reconciliation. This role focuses on Fixed Assets, Related Party and Lease accounting and has high career growth potential.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Assist with fixed assets activities from asset set up to disposals
- Assist fixed asset accountant with accruals, special reports, repair and maintenance analysis
- Assist the related party accountant with billings
- Prepare special reports and schedules as assigned
- Assist with lease accounting, review and perform classification analysis
- Prepare lease reports to be used with financial statements
Month-End Close Process / Journal Entries
- Assist in the preparation and entry of monthly journal entries in JD Edwards
- Communicate with different departments to gather necessary documentations and information necessary for month-end close
- Prepare reports and schedules as necessary to support audit and tax requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, or equivalent
- Solid understanding of accounting principles and practices. Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence. Commitment to excellence and high standards. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow. Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees. Versatility, flexibility, and willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with positive attitude. Show great attention to detail.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Word and Excel. JD Edwards and OneSource tax software experience a plus, but not required.