General HR Operations - 40%
- Maintains and processes employee data in HRIS, which may include onboarding, employee personal information, status changes, benefits and terminations. Interacts closely with the Payroll department. This includes keying data directly into HRIS as well as auditing work of other HR Reps.
- Responsible for maintaining HR operational process guide, ensuring that processes are up to date and in compliance with state and federal regulations (including new hire processing, termination processing, etc.)
- Ensures that the workers’ compensation program is administered in accordance with applicable OSHA and workers’ compensation laws, including coordinating the OSHA log process annually.
- Ensures that all reportable workers’ compensation claims are submitted to the company’s carrier within 48 hours from the date of the incident, including submitting claims personally as well as working with field Office Managers to answer questions, train on process and ensure that process is compliant.
- Acts as a backup for the HR Service Center Representatives.
Leave of Absence Administration – 40%
- Communicate thoroughly with employee on all aspects of leave process (FMLA/CFRA/PDL/Medical/Personal/STD) either by phone or written correspondence.
- Provide customer service to employee by offering absence information and answering questions regarding their rights and responsibilities.
- Inform employees of documentation required to process claims, required time frames and claim status information.
- Administer claims by:
- Processing disability/FMLA paperwork, analyzing FMLA claims to determine eligibility and certification in compliance with state and federal regulations, communicating absence and return to work information to managers as needed, tracking FMLA absences, per client calendar, troubleshoot disability and absence issues and verifying return to work status
Wellness Coordinator – 20%
- Acts as internal wellness coordinator for wellness program.
- Assists with planning of wellness committee meetings, scheduling and planning onsite events and trainings (including biometric events, wellness challenges, health fairs).
- Assists with creating and distribution wellness communications, etc.
REPORTING TO THIS POSITION:
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in Human Resources) or related years of experience, preferred
- Desired 3-5 years relevant experience in HR, including experience handling leaves of absence and workers compensation administration.
- HRIS and reporting experience preferred, experience with Kronos WorkForce Ready is a plus
- Advanced skills in MS Office suite, including MS Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Must have excellent written, verbal, organizational, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills, attention to detail, and problem solving ability
- Knowledge of workplace wellness best practices is preferred
- Knowledge of FMLA/CFRA and other leave regulations required