Scope of Position:
Under the supervision of the Cellar Master and Fore Person, a Skilled Cellar Worker in this position will perform and lead teams in all cellar duties. We are looking for individuals to join our amazing team to help us make some great Freemark Abbey and Kendall- Jackson wines during the 2017 Harvest Season. Starting from mid-August to December.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Follow, observe and lead in all safe cellar practices.
- Sanitation in all areas, including facility and equipment.
- Responsible for set-up of equipment and for maintaining an organized cellar.
- Wine transfer, racking and blending.
- Complete understanding of barrel operations, racking, filling and topping.
- Filter operation, lees, and crossflow filtration.
- Chemical additions to wine and juice while wearing a respirator.
- Operate all Harvest equipment, presses, hoppers, conveyor systems, must pumps and hoists.
- Forklift operation, barrels and macro bins.
- Lead a team.
- Lead bottling project.
- Fill work orders and operate scanner.
- Other duties as assigned by the Foreperson or Cellar Master.
Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. on a repetitive basis, work standing up and walk on concrete surfaces for extended periods of time. The position requires repetitive squatting and strenuous pulling and pushing of hoses and pumps, as needed. Skilled cellar workers must be able to work any shift and overtime as needed, the work load is especially heavy during harvest season, typically August through December of every year.
Individuals selected for these positions must be reliable, posses a good work ethic. In addition, individuals in this position must be able to follow verbal and written instructions and communicate in English. Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Individuals in this position must possess a good understanding of winemaking principals, leadership and basic computer skills.