Jackson Family Wines is looking for flexible people with a strong work ethic and a desire to learn new skills to fill this important seasonal positions in our state of the art winery.
Seasonal position responsible for collecting grape samples from vineyards in Monterey, Santa Barbara, Mendocino, Sonoma, and Napa Counties. This position begins in mid-July and continues thru harvest. Must have a clean DMV record, valid license, reliable transportation and able to pass a physical and drug test.
Under direct supervision of the Field Supervisors, responsibilities of this important position may include:
- Collecting grape samples from a large variety of vineyards
- Delivering samples to the local winery lab for analysis in a timely manner.
- Recording and reporting results of lab analyses to Field Supervisors/Grower Representatives.
- Physical Requirement: Ability to lift 35 Ibs. repeatedly. Will work long hours outdoors in a fast paced manner over flat and hilly terrain.
- Other Requirements: Must be extremely reliable and have own vehicle (P/U or AWD preferred) and valid drivers license.
- Previous sampling a plus as well as map reading abilities and local geographical knowledge.
- Must be able to pass a physical, drug examination and show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Typical day from 6:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- Commitment is approx. early to mid July through late October / early November.