Jackson Family Wines is much more than a family owned wine company. We're risk-taking innovators with a strong belief that quality is paramount. We're always on the lookout for top talent -- individuals who possess a strong work ethic, commitment to quality and share our beliefs in healthy lands and a healthy community. In 2018, we were selected as one of the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work for the fourth year running.
We are looking to hire Seasonal Sugar Samplers in Sonoma, Napa, Mendocino, Lake, Monterey, Santa Barbara Counties.
Collects grape berry and cluster samples from various vineyards for the purpose of measuring sugar (degrees brix) and delivers those samples to wine laboratories for analysis.
This position is a seasonal position hired only during the Vineyard Harvest Season (generally between mid-July through the end of October or early November).
- Collecting grape samples from a large variety of vineyards.
- Delivering samples to the local winery lab for analysis in a timely manner.
- Recording and reporting results of lab analyses to Field Supervisors/Grower Representatives.
- Previous sampling a plus as well as map reading abilities and local geographical knowledge.
- Able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
- Must have own vehicle and clean DMV record.
- Good communication skills.
- Organizational skills.
- This position requires the ability to reach with hands and arms, sit, walk, climb, stoop and kneel, and be able to regularly lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and must be willing to work the entire harvest season.
- Must be able to pass a physical, drug examination and show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.