V17 Winery Harvest Laboratory Interns
JACKSON FAMILY WINERY
McMinnville, Willamette Valley, OR.
Our new, state of the art Jackson Family Winery is located in the heart of Oregon’s Willamette Valley, McMinnville. We are a mid-sized winery specializing in the production of premium Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris, and Chardonnay from some of the most premier vineyard sites in Oregon.
We have a diverse and extremely passionate team led by a silly winemaking duo, and are looking for individuals to join us for the upcoming harvest. This role will report to our amazing Laboratory Manager. If you are a hardworking, energetic, fun-loving wine enthusiast that enjoys working in a team environment we would love to hear from you.
Job Roles / Responsibilities
- Analyze juice and wine samples in a timely manner.
- Record results properly into proprietary database.
- Monitor tank and barrel fermentations.
- Collect samples for analysis and tasting.
- Help maintain a tidy and safe lab workplace.
- Communicate effectively with team.
- Positive can do attitude and excellent joke telling skills.
- Science degree or previous lab experience preferred.
- Effective communication skills in English.
- Highly organized.
- The ability to work long, flexible hours through busy harvest time
- Ability to lift 50lbs as required
- Must be able to commit to working mid-August through late-November
The successful applicant must provide their own transportation and some assistance will be provided in helping to find housing. Some harvest meals will be enjoyed.
Cellar positions also available.