Under the direction of the Winemaking staff, the General Winery Worker performs a variety of tasks in the cellar, including crush and press operations, cleaning and sanitation, punch-downs, winemaking additions, and barrel filling.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Cleaning and sanitizing all winery equipment and facilities.
- Racking and pumping of juice and wine; moving hoses and equipment.
- Daily punchdowns and pumpovers on fermenting wines.
- Observing all safe cellar practices and winemaking procedures.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisors.
Background and Experience
The ability to communicate effectively with good skills in reading, writing and basic math are required. Applicants must be able to read and interpret documents and follow written winemaking procedures. Applicants must also be willing and able to follow all cellar safety procedures. Individuals selected for this position must be reliable, punctual and have a strong work ethic. Applicants must be willing to work flexible hours, including overtime, weekends, and varying shifts.
This position requires the ability to reach with hands and arms, sit, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, and regularly lift and carry up to 50 pounds. The position is physically demanding, and applicants should expect to be on their feet and engaged in physical activity for the majority of their work day.