Be an important part of our small harvest team in 2017, helping to create amazing Pinot Noirs, Syrahs and other special Copain wines from the initial tank sanitation, grape delivery and sorting to barrel down. You may also be assisting in bottling wines from our 2016 harvest.
Under the direction of the Copain winemaking team, harvest cellar workers will be expected to:
- Work in a team environment
- Understand and follow safe cellar practices at all times
- Assist with summer bottling operations as needed
- Clean, sanitize and sterilize winery equipment
- Perform punchdowns and pumpovers of fermenting grapes and juice
- Rack and pump juice and wine
- Make chemical additions to juice and wine
- Move hoses, barrels and case goods as needed
- Execute other duties as assigned by supervisors as requested
Background and experience:
- Ability to communicate effectively in English with supervisors and team mates.
- Have basic math, reading and writing skills in order to learn safety rules, follow work orders, record wine additions and measure tank volumes.
- Be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Able to work long hours on your feet
- Have scheduling flexibility to work extra hours and days, including weekends as the harvest develops.