V17 Winery Harvest Interns
JACKSON FAMILY WINERY
McMinnville, Willamette Valley, OR.
Our new, state of the art Jackson Family Winery is located in the heart of Oregon’s Willamette Valley, McMinnville. We are a mid-sized winery specializing in the production of premium Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris, and Chardonnay from some of the most premier vineyard sites in Oregon.
We have a diverse and extremely passionate team led by a silly winemaking duo, and are looking for individuals to join us for the upcoming harvest. If you are a hardworking, energetic, fun-loving wine enthusiast that enjoys working in a team environment we would love to hear from you.
Job Roles / Responsibilities
- Red fermentation management – punch downs, pump overs, rack & returns, temperatures.
- Press operation.
- Additions – yeast, acid, nutrients including calculations.
- Cleaning, sanitization and the use of all cellar equipment.
- Barrel work – filling, cleaning, racking and emptying.
- Racking, transferring and pumping juice and wine.
- Obtaining samples and helping the lab when required.
- Working safely in a team environment and following all SOP’s.
- Positive can do attitude and excellent joke telling skills
- Previous harvest experience is a must and degree in winemaking is favorable
- Effective communication skills in English
- The ability to work long, flexible hours through busy harvest time
- Ability to lift 50lbs as required
- Forklift experience a plus
- Must be able to commit to working mid-August through late-November
The successful applicant must provide their own transportation and some assistance will be provided in helping to find housing. Some harvest meals provided.
Lab positions also available.