General Description of Duties:
Under the general direction of the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Technician repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment. Specific scope of job requires electrical, low voltage and 3 phase power, hydraulics, pneumatic systems, water systems, waste water systems, outside contractor oversite, welding MiG, Tig and Stick. This position performs PM’s and repairs on all winery process equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatics, conveyor systems and production machines and more. This is a hands on working position with growth opportunities at the facility and within the company.
- Observe and safety and security procedures.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Generate suggestions for improving work and develop innovative approaches and ideas.
- Complete projects on time while demonstrating the ability to move from one project to another as needed.
- Troubleshoot mechanical devices in operation evaluating their performance and efficiency.
- Disassemble devices, examine components and repair or replace defective parts.
- Efficiently prioritize and plan work activities.
- Low voltage and 480VAC applications related to troubleshooting and repairing electrical equipment.
- Fabricate parts and or systems to maintain or improve systems.
- Demonstrate welding skills for MIG/TIG and Plasma Cutter.
- Work in a team-oriented environment.
- Able to work twelve hour shifts when called upon and the possibility of weekend call-in.
- Demonstrate the ability to work on ladders, operate forklifts; boom lift experience a plus.
- Other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Manager.
A successful candidate will add value to the team through their knowledge, ability to learn and the desire to grow in the company. If you feel you meet the majority of these requirements, have your own tools, are willing to do what it take to be successful and want to work for one of the best employers in Sonoma County, act now.
Background and Experience:
Requires a minimum of high school diploma, and 3 to 5 years of previous experience working in a winery or processing environment. Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedures. The ability to perform basic math is required. Computer skills are a huge plus. A valid California driver’s license is required. Candidates must be physically able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and work safely around equipment and chemicals.