General Description of Duties:
Under the general direction of the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Mechanic repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems and production machines and equipment. Must have the ability to work in varying conditions and possess own tools.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Generate suggestions for improving work and develop innovative approaches and ideas.
- Complete projects on time while demonstrating the ability to move from one project to another as needed.
- Troubleshoot mechanical devices in operation evaluating their performance and efficiency.
- Observe and promote safety and security procedures.
- Use equipment and tools properly. Use of PPE is required. Maintain a clean work area/shop.
- Dismantle devices, examine components and repair or replace defective parts.
- Efficiently prioritize and plan work activities.
- Use an electrical meter up to 480VAC in troubleshooting and repairing electrical equipment.
- Set up and operate drill press, grinder and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Demonstrate welding skills for MIG/TIG and Plasma Cutter.
- Demonstrate patience and a team-oriented attitude.
- Able to work twelve hour shifts when called upon and the possibility of weekend call-in.
- Demonstrate the ability to work on ladders, operate forklifts; boom lift experience a plus.
- Other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Manager.
Background and Experience:
Requires a minimum of high school diploma, and 3 to 5 years of previous experience working in a winery or processing environment. Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedures. The ability to perform basic math is required. Computer skills are a plus. A valid California driver’s license is required. Candidates must be physically able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and work safely around equipment and chemicals.