Under the supervision of the Bottling Supervisor, this position will perform all duties related to bottling line operations, changeover, PM and corrective maintenance. This individual will also be Responsible for leading night shift crew in absence of Supervisor. Assuring all Safety, Quality and Performance targets are met. Requires strong mechanical skills, leadership skills and the ability to treat everyone with a high level of respect. Must be capable of training/teaching others.
• Identify proper change over components using packaging codes.
• Display the aptitude for removing and installing package change over parts.
• Neatly store and maintain change over components.
• Set the equipment for proper bottle to guide clearances.
• Comprehend the function of each piece of bottling line equipment including its capabilities and limitations.
• Understand and adjust all equipment timing points.
• Recognize and resolve improperly adjusted components.
• Utilize hand tools to perform maintenance and changeover tasks
• Make in production adjustments to all equipment as necessary.
• Read and understand equipment technical manuals and follow documented practices and procedures. .
• Inspect for proper machine component performance.
• Perform in production cleaning.
• Present detailed and legible work orders and machine parts orders
• Provide thorough descriptions of equipment malfunctions in writing.
• Follow, observe and enforce all safety rules and regulations.
• Understand and follow sanitation procedures of bottling equipment.
• Inspect for adherence to all packaging specifications, including documenting results and performing corrective actions to maintain quality standards.
• Operate forklift and clamp in full product case goods and raw materials.
• Other duties assigned by Supervisor or Lead Person.
• Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds regularly, and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• May require night shift, split shift, overtime and weekend work.
• Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, or regularly.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education:
• English communication skills, written and verbal.
• Basic mathematical aptitude.
• Two years bottling line experience required.
• Two years maintenance experience preferred
• Forklift experience required operating electric or gas powered forklift.
• Must possess analytical skills to evaluate raw material defects versus equipment malfunctions.
• Must be able to demonstrate troubleshooting skills on machinery as well as raw materials.
• Must possess a working knowledge of personal computers including Microsoft Windows operating system, MS Excel and MS Word.
• Must be able to comprehend machine parts manuals.
• Must be able to follow and perform machine lubrication schedules.
• Must be reliable, detail oriented with good organizational skills.
• Must be willing to learn computer skills and inventory control.
• Sterilization and cellar experience preferred but not required.