Scope of Position:
This position is under the general direction of the Cellar Master and Cellar Foreperson.
We are looking for several individual to join our amazing team to help us make some great Freemark Abbey and Kendall- Jackson wines during the 2017 Harvest Season. Starting from mid-August to December.
- Following and observing all safe cellar practices.
- Cleaning, cleaning and more cleaning.
- Sanitizing winery equipment.
- Pump over and punch down.
- Filling barrels.
- Outdoor and indoor physical labor.
- Making additions to wine and juice while wearing a respirator.
- Assist full time cellar crew with all projects.
- Sort grapes by hand.
- Dig out pomace from tanks.
- Confined Space Entry.
- Other duties as assigned by the Cellar Master.
- Skills for forklift operation to move barrels and ½ ton bins are a big plus but not required.
Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. on a repetitive basis, work standing up and walk on concrete surfaces for extended periods of time in rubber boots. The position requires repetitive squatting and strenuous pulling and pushing of hoses and pumps. Seasonal General cellar workers must be able to work any shift, overtime and six days a week. Wearing contact lenses is prohibited for safety reason.
No previous experience is needed! But a positive attitude, team work and long days are required. Forklift experience with barrels is a plus. Must be able to communicate in English and possess good reading, writing and basic arithmetic skills. Must be able to work safely around equipment, electrical outlets and chemicals.
Must be able to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules and procedures. The individuals selected for this position must be reliable, possess a good work ethic, must be organized, flexible and pay attention to details.