The Financial Systems and Reporting Analyst is a key member of the Planning team, responsible for managing, enhancing and improving our budgeting system as well as developing reports and dashboards to be used across the entire company. This is the core system providing crucial foundation for corporate planning and strategy, used by Ownership, Board of Directors and the Executive Team. This position will play a key role in monthly reporting, quarterly forecasts, and annual financial planning.
Key owner and administrator of the Planning Department’s budgeting software (Adaptive Insights), used to develop Revenue, COGS, Gross Margin, Headcount, CAPEX and Operating Expense Plans.
Data Management / Software Oversite
- Prepare Adaptive Insights for annual budgets and periodic reforecasts;
- Update the system for changes in the organization, acquisitions, new developments and other additional needs.
- Responsible for loading data to Adaptive Insights, both via automated and manual loads;
- Migrate manual loads to automated integration tool where possible;
- Export data from Adaptive Insights for other systems throughout the organization;
- Interact and reconcile with other Financial Systems including JDE, Business Objects, and the Data Warehouse;
- Provide training for Planning Department and end users;
Improvements / Enhancements
- Determine ways to improve and upgrade the system for more efficient forecasting for budgeters / users, management and administrators;
- Execute such improvements and upgrades, including developing system infrastructure, writing code and creating reports;
- Review quarterly Adaptive Insights updates, implement changes when applicable, and train and inform the Planning Team on relevant enhancements;
Reporting / Dashboards
- Develop new reports and improve existing reports for the Planning Department, Ownership, the Executive Team and users across the organization;
- Develop new dashboards to be used by the Executive Team, as well as the rest of the organization;
- Work with accounting and finance groups to enhance their reporting;
- Complete related special projects as needed and perform other duties as assigned by manager.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Accounting, Economics, Finance or related field.
- Three to five years of experience with financial systems and/or budgeting software.
- Adaptive Insights and JDE experience preferred but not required.
- Experience with finance, financial analysis and modeling.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to work with all levels of management.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards; strong work ethic; acute attention to detail.
- Self-motivated; capable of developing analysis from ambiguous information with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; proven ability to multi-task, manage workflow and meet deadlines.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of project teams.
- Expert Excel user; advanced PowerPoint and Word skills.