Santa Rosa, CA, United States
- Functions as the primary contact for JFW and shared liaison for JWEI Dublin office’s international customer related inquiries.
- Assumes ownership of problems to completion. Initiates follow-up actions as needed to minimize the impact of service failures to the customer.
- Assumes ownership of exception situations on their behalf and taking necessary steps to resolve the situation.
- Accountable for ensuring export orders are processed and received into the ERP system and/or other support databases.
- Provides timely and accurate export documentation to customers to ensure successful clearance of goods to foreign destinations.
- Provides continuous feedback to the customer on order status throughout the cycle by providing proactive communication with the customer in anticipation of customers’ needs.
- Manages NVOCC / Freight Forwarder relationships by maintaining and initiating active dialogue & communications.
- Makes decisions based on detailed working knowledge of the Export Administration Regulations.
- Works as a team player to deploy actions & changes that represent overall philosophy of “What is Best for the Company & the Customer.”
- Ensures all export orders are shipped in compliance with US Customs regulations and other government agencies.
- Researches customer complaints and ensures their satisfaction with prompt action and thorough follow-up.
- Analyzes import and export documentation to evaluate eligibility for duty drawback.
- Constructs and formats both import and export files using large volumes of data from a variety of sources for use in preparing duty drawback claims.
- Assembles detailed supporting documentation and reports to support drawback claims.
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of international order processing procedures, inventory scheduling, product allocation, invoicing, sales adjustments, and international payment terms.
- Knowledge should include the latest information regarding export regulations and current events affecting the international business arena.
- Additional knowledge required in export packing and labeling, currency conversion, accurate timely sales documentation, understanding international INCO terms and Harmonized Code classifications.
- Previous experience in working with freight forwarders and/or carriers, US and foreign customs, and/or other government agencies preferred.
- Strong leadership and excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal skills required.
- Concrete experience in working with diverse business cultures & building customer relationships.
- Use of “common sense approach” and global thinking.
- Ability to use good judgment and discretion.
- Well-developed critical thinking skills including good intuition and the ability to make educated decisions.
- Computer skills should include Word, Excel, Outlook, and JD Edwards or other equivalent windows based system.
- Must have a thorough understanding of duty drawback.
- Bachelor's degree preferred but not mandatory and minimum 3 year recent customer service in an export environment – alcohol beverage industry preferred.