Cardinale Winery in Oakville is searching for an experienced wine sales professional possessing the ability to represent luxury products while working in a high-energy team sales environment. All applicants must be confident in their ability to softly sell ultra-premium wine while maintaining our brand image standards. To be successful in this role you will possess an entrepreneurial spirit and be a self-starter. This position will be responsible for developing new clientele at the Estate and maintaining these relationships in person on property, via phone and email outreach, and occasional travel to our top Direct to Consumer (DTC) markets.
This team operates in a very fast paced family environment so the ability to multitask will be a must have skill set. If you meet the requirements above, and are looking for a challenge, then we would love to invite you to apply for this role.
- Represents the brand image and develops solid client base of top tier collectors by regularly planning and executing business development events and outreach strategies.
- Revenue generating team member that helps the Estate Team meet or exceed monthly/annual sales targets.
- Strengthens preexisting collector relationships and cements new relationships via consistent contact on phone and email.
- Works with Estate Director to execute phone and email outreach during futures and annual release campaigns.
- Responsible for developing referral partners through business development activities.
- Executes hospitality events and visitor programs in a manner that is well organized and consistent with marketing direction on brand image.
- In cooperation with Estate Director and Spire DTC Vice President provides ideas and support to enhance our business development efforts.
- Possess commanding knowledge of POS system, including ability to effectively perform opening and closing procedures.
- Works with Estate Manager to create an Ultra Premium tasting experience that exceeds luxury based expectations.
- Supports trade hospitality events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4 plus years’ related experience preferred in sales, customer service or hospitality, knowledge of luxury products
- Being a team player is a must have skill set.
- Knowledge of wines and wine production required.
- Able to work a flexible schedule including weekends.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Outstanding ability in customer service and working with the public with a commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, multi-tasking and analytical skills.
- Flexibility and ability to manage constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Able to stand and walk for long periods of time and lift up to 50 pounds repeatedly.