Job Title:Customer Service Support Specialist – Temporary Full Time
Department:Logistics and Distribution
Reports To:Customer Service & Operations Manager
Under general supervision of the Customer Service & Operations Manager, this position is responsible for providing support to all roles within the Customer Service department. Efforts are focused on supporting customer service team members in order fulfillment duties for both wholesale customers and internal wine sample order requestors, as well as coordinating warehouse labeling projects for domestic and international customers.
This position is based out of Jackson Family Wines’ Gold LEED certified distribution center in American Canyon. Our expansive 650,000 square foot temperature controlled warehouse can house up to five million cases of wine, is equipped with 26 truck docks, and 14 rail docks adjacent to our own private rail spur. The site is home to our logistics and distribution team, a cohesive unit comprised of Customer Service and Inventory Control staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to other duties as assigned by the customer service supervisor, this role will support the Customer Service team as follows:
3-tier Order Fulfillment and Customer Service (40%)
- Act as main point of contact for assigned group of wholesale distributors, receiving purchase orders and correspondence from purchasing teams via e-mail and EDI.
- Accurately enter orders into JD Edwards, prioritizing by requested shipment date.
- Communicate cross-functionally with production, sales, marketing, finance, and legal departments to resolve sales order exceptions.
- Issue order confirmations and obtain customer approval to release orders for shipment.
- Coordinate with warehouse staff, freight forwarders, Fed-Ex, and/or local truckers to ensure timely pickup of all orders.
Wine Sample Order Processing and Customer Service (40%)
- Compile daily sample order request forms received via e-mail, prioritizing by expected delivery date and shipment method.
- Accurately and efficiently enter sample order requests into JD Edwards.
- Identify order exceptions related to compliance or inventory availability and work with requestors to resolve exceptions in a timely manner.
- Print and organize order pick slips for each days’ orders and hand off to the Samples Inventory and Handling Team.
- Communicates all special packing and shipping instructions with the Samples Inventory and Handling Team as needed.
Labeling and Work Order Coordination (20%)
- Draft and/or receive work orders for all domestic and international sales orders which call for product labeling and repackaging.
- Print required case and bottle labels per work order specifications provided by Customer Service.
- Maintain case label and bottle label templates as approved by customer, state, or foreign government.
- Act as liaison between customer service team and warehouse project team
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND EDUCATION
- Advanced computer skills are required, including experience with MS Excel, Outlook, specialized label printing software, and ERP software, preferably JD Edwards.
- Professional demeanor and effective written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Related wine industry shipping and operations experience preferred.
- Knowledge of international customs and shipping requirements preferred.
- Bachelors or Associates degree is preferred.
Must be able to sit or stand in one place for long periods of time. Must be able to perform extensive data entry. Must be able to perform visual inspection of printed materials consistently. Must be able to lift approximately 40 pounds repeatedly when restocking and organizing work area.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment with diverse personalities within the organization. Must be a team player who can act independently with minimal supervision. Must be able to perform duties in a normal office work environment that consists of moderate noise such as computers, printers and phone conversations between other employees and customers.