WillaKenzie Estate is an ultra-premium winery located in Oregon’s Willamette Valley. We meticulously farm 130 acres of Estate grown Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris, Pinot Blanc and Chardonnay in the Yamhill-Carlton and Dundee Hills AVAs. Our modern and well-equipped gravity flow winery helps us to achieve our high-quality standards. We are passionate about our winemaking and hold true to our mantras of “Dirt Matters” and “People Matter”. We are presently seeking a full-time Cellar Assistant to join our expanding production team.
The Cellar Assistant will be responsible for a variety of tasks, such as operating crush and press equipment, operating pumps, stacking barrels, operating a forklift, filling and emptying barrels, making additions, and topping wine. This position is under the general direction of the Assistant Winemaker.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow and observe safe cellar practices and provide support with all cellar operations.
- Be comfortable working in a team environment
- Understanding of Barrel operations – topping, barrel fill, racking, additions
- Understanding of Stainless Cellar operations – transfers, additions, racking, blending
- Accurately complete work orders
- Clean and sanitize all winery equipment and facilities.
- Complete juice and wine movements; moving hoses and equipment.
- Forklift operation, moving barrels, dry good, case goods, etc.
- Make chemical additions to juice & wine.
- Provide support during bottling
- Ability to work extended hours during harvest and peak production periods, such as bottling.
- Understand the role of Halloween in high quality wine production
Background and Experience
The ability to communicate effectively with good skills in reading, writing and basic math is required. Must be able to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules and procedures, and be able to read cellar work orders, count barrels, record times and dates. Individuals selected for this position must be reliable, punctual, have a good work ethic and sense of humor. Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime and varying shifts.
This position requires the ability to reach with hands and arms, sit, walk, climb, stoop and kneel, and are able to regularly lift and carry up to 50 pounds.