This position is responsible for the development and execution of the marketing strategy for our International portfolio. The position manages marketing with the objective of leveraging available resources to achieve brand volume, growth, market share and profitability goals. Communicates strategies and product information to all pertinent audiences, including internal, distributor, trade and consumer audiences.
- Create and execute brand marketing plan including advertising, merchandising, promotion, research and product development, including packaging. Ensures consistent messaging, imagery and quality standards.
- Accountable for approved brand budgets including planning, tracking and quarterly business updates.
- Assign and manage brand message through internal creative group and external agencies/vendors.
- Interface with Production and Winemaking including, but not limited to, assisting on brand forecasts at SKU level for long-range production planning, writing technical product specs, liaison to agencies/vendors/production to lead and monitor quality and timelines, track shipments/depletions against vintage transitions as well as participate in packaging/production meeting.
- Effective management and/or establishing cross functional relationships across the brand team (e.g. Marketing Coordinator, PR Manager, Direct to Consumer (DTC) team & Creative Designers) output and development
- Communicate monthly brand business status and programs to leadership, including marketplace goals and accomplishments, promotional programs, inventory, merchandising status, and wine availability issues.
- Liaise with Sales Team to achieve strategic business goals including promotion/program deployment, soliciting feedback and new ideas, communicating brand messaging and prioritizing portfolio initiatives.
- Ensure that brand strategies are implemented within public relations initiatives. Coordinate details with the Public Relations team or internal resources for branded special events, winemaker appearances, competitions and story pitches.
- Work with Education and/or CRM to drive home brand strategies including training programs, seminars and interactive technologies for internal and external constituents.
- Driver for e-communications to consumer in concert with CRM/Direct and Hospitality. Provides content for website, social media platforms and analyzes effectiveness of e-promotions.
- Performs as an effective and eloquent ambassador for the brands.
- Work with internal Trade Intelligence group to analyze brand performance and competitive information using several forms of intelligence including internal (JD Edwards system with excel-supported programs) and external (e.g. GBI, Nielsen, IRI, Gomberg. Identifies opportunities by channel, market, consumer, product or other for Brand consideration.
- Initiate or suggest analysis of financial performance to influence strategic plans including, but not limited to, pricing, cost-of-goods and promotions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, MBA desired.
- Five plus years of premium wine brand marketing management and/or luxury goods or beverage experience preferred.
- Significant experience in promotion, packaging and merchandising design/implementation.
- Strong strategic, analytic and creative skills.
- Excellent/impactful presentation and communication skills. Social media experience a plus.
- Ability to balance multiple significant priorities, meet deadlines and thrive in constantly changing and challenging environment.
- Attention to details a must.
- Self-motivated, team-oriented ethics and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Some travel required.
- Previous P&L management experience
- Track record of creative program development and execution
- Understanding of the 3-tiered distribution system
- Understanding of global wine market
- Ability to host wine events, dinners and educational programs to a dynamic range of audiences.
- Advanced analytical skills
- Ability to interpret market data (internal sales, demographics, consumer attitudes, usage occasions) recognizing marketplace opportunities. Advanced understanding of various pricing strategies across multiple markets and channels
- Advanced presentation development and delivery experience
- Strong writing and editing
- Time management & prioritization
- Strong understanding of wine production & appreciation, preferred
- Strong understanding of product engineering (COGS, etc.)
- Basic understanding of social networking
- Basic program understanding (Excel, Powerpoint, Word, etc.)