SUMMARY: Clears and resets tables and bars in a speedy professional and effective manner as guests leave. Also responsible for the grooming of the entire establishment and its perimeters, as well as supporting servers and service staff with water refills and clearing tables. The Busser/Barback is also responsible for polishing and restocking glassware and silverware at service stations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Obtain service area assignments at the beginning of each shift
- Clear tables after guests leave. Take glass/tableware to kitchen and place silverware, dishes, glassware, etc. in appropriate areas for washing.
- Between seatings promptly clean table tops, chairs and banquette. Check floor and clean as required. Reset and arrange tabletops.
- Inspect restrooms every 30 minutes and clean/restock as needed.
- Respond appropriately to guest requests, communicate guest requests to servers/manager immediately.
- Restock merchandise and collateral materials as needed
- Assist with pre/post shift setup/cleanup – including basic maintenance such as paint touch up, watering plants, sweeping sidewalk, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- Previous experience in a restaurant setting preferred.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Bilingual skills preferred, but not required.
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Possess a flexible schedule and able to work evenings & weekends
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Lift and move up to 40 pounds.
- Understand and respond to a diverse population.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously