Assistant Sales Associate will support Account Sales Executives in Key Chain Accounts. They will assist in building and merchandising displays, maintaining 100% distribution on the shelf and cold boxes.
- The ASA will work under the direction of the Account Sales Executive and or District Manager in the assigned territory or accounts.
- Actively participate in training activities, as provided, and pursue on-the-job training opportunities with Account Sales Executives and District Managers.
- Maintain 100% shelf distribution of all authorized items for each chain.
- Set shelves according to store schematics.
- Cut-in new item distribution and DSD items, maintain current pricing information.
- Rotate vintages, fill shelves, fill cold box, build displays, and maintain Royal Wine Company housekeeping standards including dusting and cleaning tables.
- Establish & maintain rapport with chain store managers, liquor department managers, and other store personnel.
- Build mass floor displays, build displays, and put up P.O.S. and prices.
- Keep track of individual hours, including lunches and breaks, and provides that information to his or her manager and mileage. Also keeps track of mileage, car allowance, and/or gas usage, as applicable.
- Complete daily preplans and recaps.
- Follow the 8 steps to a successful sales call.
- Attend and contribute to weekly team meetings, participate in role-play presentations, review displays and case goals vs. actual.
- Must carry point of sale merchandise in motor vehicle at all times.
- Responsible for carrying and cell phone at all times in order to communicate with accounts and management at any time during working hours.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Previous sales experience preferred, but not required. Successful candidate must: be at least 21 years of age; possess a current driver’s license; maintain current auto insurance coverage; be able to repetitively lift a minimum of 50 lbs; be able to bend, squat, climb, kneel, twist and lift repetitively; possess excellent verbal communication, written communication, and listening skills; have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be a team player who can work well with minimal supervision; and demonstrate the ability to multi-task and respond quickly to demanding situations. This position requires the availability to work flexible hours and weekends, when necessary, for special events. Candidate must be willing to reside within territory.