Jackson Family Wines is much more than a family owned wine company. We're risk-taking innovators with a strong belief that quality is paramount. We're always on the lookout for top talent -- individuals who possess a strong work ethic, commitment to quality and share our beliefs in healthy lands and a healthy community. In 2017, we were selected as one of the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work for the third year running.
We are looking for an experienced cost accountant / analyst combined with being well versed in inventory and COGS financial reporting requirements in accordance with GAAP. In addition, this position is expected to handle multiple different cost accounting systems and has hands on experience in agricultural accounting. The right candidate will also have experience in a large multi-facility manufacturing organization collaborating with pertinent personnel. This position will be responsible for:
- Planning, Studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor.
- Analyzing data collected and recording results
- Analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost.
- Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Recording cost information for use in controlling expenditures
- Analyzing audits of costs and preparing reports
- Making estimates of new and proposed product costs
- Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services
- Maintaining Cost Accounting System together with the rest of the cost accounting team
- Assisting in Month end close of the General Ledger
- Conducts physical inventories and monitors cycle count program
- Reconciles Inventory balance sheet accounts
- Maintain internal control documentation and test internal controls
- Review and analyze inventory and margin reports, conduct research and perform analytical studies in regards to cost analyses
- Work in special projects as required
- Support and assist internal department reporting requirements such as audit schedules, tax schedules and others
- Ensure timely submission, accuracy and validity of inventory, gross margin schedules to management.
- Review of current processes for efficiency improvements.
- Review and update accounting policies and procedures in line with GAAP
- Prepare Journal entries, as applicable
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education
- Minimum of 5+ years of Cost Accounting in a Manufacturing Environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or the equivalent in education/experience
- Ability to apply knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles & Cost Accounting Standards
- Experience working with engineering and manufacturing personnel on development and analysis of cost standards
- Advanced in MS Office, and in Excel, a must.
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Familiarity in operating accounting systems, ERP or not.
- Knowledge of methods of cost allocations
- Must be able to adapt to new and different computer programs and software to enable efficient data gathering and analysis
- Ability to research, compile, analyze and interpret data
- Knowledge of JDE preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- CPA or CMA, preferable